Wednesday 23 November 2011

Textile Jungle


                           


For this piece I was incorporating two sketches. Since I was adding the textile designs into the jungle environment I used the jungle sketch as the guiding layer and the textile sketch as a reference. 


After creating my outline, I created more layers to begin adding my textile designs. Each cultural design has a layer of it's own, so I can work on them specifically. 




Like the separate textile layers, I have more layers of the different colors. A layer for the peonies on the large leaves, for the tree trunks in the background and for the water designs.


To avoid creating a flat piece I used different color tones to achieve a dynamic look. I used the color picker to find colors that were near each other. I did this for a smoother blend as opposed to obvious differences in color (which would make it look choppy).



After I was done with the first colors, I added in highlights and shadows to make the piece pop out more.  These shades can be found in the leaves and under the water lines. Within the trees in the back I decided to use highlights, as the trees were already very dark. 


Lines and Color > Repetition
The use of environment, similar to Kahlo. (Mixing Culture and Environment).

No comments:

Post a Comment